Wednesday, November 21, 2012

War, Religion, God

I open my eyes and see the world; conflict, hatred, love, faith and the lack thereof, desire, pain, greed, lust, anger, frustration, loyalty, betrayal, irrationality, destruction, horror, suffering, learning.
Gaza and Israel
            What can I say? More needless bloodshed over the most pointless matter of conflict ever utilized by humankind; religion. Faith, my dear friends and critics, is good. Religion, however, is the worst invention humanity has ever conjured up in its pot of horrifying intolerance. Study religions, and you will see that they are all mirrors of each other, facing in a circle-like pattern, angled slightly up, reflecting the different rays of light emitting from the light coming from above. No religions are wrong, none are absolutely right. They are all simply different interpretations of the particles of light we are granted, reflected and refracted in different ways and from different sides. "Why target religion so heavily?" you may ask. The main problem with religion and in turn faith is the corrupted incorporation of politics. This is the real reason behind Gaza and Hamas; intense desirable greed for political power. I do not discriminate against all the people of Gaza, nor do I condemn Hamas. I simply say that they are puppets, rook in the giant game I have described before. Israel is also a bishop or rook in this game.
War
          Evil. Pure unadulterated evil. Necessary at times? Certainly. Still evil? Yes. I used to desire to be in the Armed Forces. Now, well I can't say it would be a very good idea for me. Morally, ethically, I may object heavily to conflicts. I do not want to become involved in any conflict I do not agree with. For instance, the shrouded events behind the toppling of the first government of the free Congo. I would not be able to allow myself to take the orders to invade, attack, kill, and destroy the chances at freedom and happiness of people who I deem as innocent of any true crime against humanity beyond the universal crimes humanity commits against itself. Atop this, I would be a threat to myself and others. I am unstable as it is, with all this emotional burden on me. Adding war and severe injustice would push me beyond my already dwindling "sanity".
Life and Death: Rights?
            Do you have a right to live? Society seems to think so, since taking someone's life away is a crime. Is your death then also your right? I believe so. This is not an easy or simple topic. Why would I say it is a human's right to kill itself? It is not easy for me to say, I know how hard it is to love someone who is extremely suicidal. I also know I am extremely suicidal myself. But I just don't know, it's unbelievably difficult to figure out. I ask anyone who has an opinion to please state it, comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment