Saturday, February 2, 2013

Something I’ve discovered which may be a wonderful thesis is that we make what we want to see out of what we read or hear. I always see symbolism for certain things, and I see this with others in Enlglish class, among humans in the world and the nation regularly. Therefore, I theorize that humans create their own realities through their subjective minds. Thus, what is God? If we ask and pray to a potentially nonexistent omnipotent being, and there is nothing really talking to us from the outside, then God is our subconscious mind filling in what we want. Granted, it may not only be what we want but what we hate, or fear. In order to fully complete such a theory, I would need to study human psychology and pathology. But it is an intriguing and moderately upsetting concept, yes?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know how else to contact you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HsfY8iFbYjE

    ReplyDelete